After the bad results at the FIBA Basketball World Cup, CBA decided to introduce new rules for foreigners starting from next season in order to incentivate teams to use more local players.
- Four foreigners can be registered at the same time by each team (during the regular season teams are allowed to change foreigners);
- Only two foreigners can be in the roster for each game;
- Only one foreigner can be on the court during the games;
- The four worst team from the previous season are allowed to use two foreigners at the same time on the court but only during the first three quarters. In the fourth quarter only one foreigner on the court is allowed;
- During the playoffs two foreigners can be in the roster in each game but only one is allowed to be on the court at the same. time;
- When the playoffs come, teams cannot change or sign new foreigners.